PRIVACY NOTICE FOR APPLICANTS, EMPLOYEES, BENEFICIARIES, CONTRACTORS OR CONTINGENT WORKERS, RETIREES AND FORMER EMPLOYEES
Effective Date: April 18th, 2023
This Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) explains how Latitude AI LLC and its parent company, Ford Motor Company, subsidiaries, and affiliates (collectively, “Latitude AI”, “we”, or “us”) collect, use and share Personal Information (as defined below) of individuals who are applicants, employees, beneficiaries, contractors, contingent workers, retirees, or former employees within the context of your interactions with us as an applicant, employee, beneficiary, contractor, contingent worker, retiree or former employee, including the Personal Information we collect from our careers site www.lat.ai/careers (the “Website”).
Personal Information means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household.
This Notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services.
It is important that you read and retain this Notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing Personal Information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information and what your rights may be.WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of Personal Information. Note that the specific Personal Information we collect about you may vary depending on the nature of your interactions with us and may not include all of the examples listed.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Personal Identifiers, which include your name, other names (nickname, alias etc.), title, physical addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, social media handles.
- Demographic Information, including your age, gender, race, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, and veteran status.
- Beneficiary Information, including your marital status and dependents.
- Preferences, including information such as preferred positions (such as full-time, part-time).
- Payment Information, such as bank account details, tas status information, and payroll records.
- Account Details, including accoutn names, passwords, and security questions.
- Eligibility Documentation, including proof of work authorizations, citizenship, immigration, nationality/visa status, and government identifiers, including social security numbers, passport number, and driver's license number.
- Professional or Employment-related Information, including your work history, training records, job titles and experience, qualifications, skills, references, recommendations, resume, CV, application form, cover letter, information you provide in interviews and screening questions, information contained in any personal webpages or documents you chose to share with us, responses to behavioral and other screening questions, salary, annual leave, working hours, holidays, absences.
- Education Information, such as information you provide during the hiring process about the educational institutions you have attended or your level of education. We also collect and maintain information aobut any professional licenses you hold, certifications you receive, or additional education or training you undertake during your employment.
- Content of Communications, including application submissions (such as emails to set up interviews), surveys, feedback, and other communications we have with you regarding your employment or application for employment.
- New Hire and Onboarding Documentation, including background checks, tas and other government forms, health information, beneficiary information and medical/drug test information.
- Geolocation Data, which means information about the location of your company-issued device, such as a company-issued mobile phone or vehicle.
- Health Information, such as health insurance information, medical conditions and health and sickness records, when you provide this information to us. This includes details of any absences (other than holidays or personal days) from work, including time on statutory parental leave and sick leave; information related to biological screenings or testing for controlled substances; records related to administering and maintaining your healthcare and other benefits; and information about a condition needed for pensions and permanent health insurance purposes when you leave employment and the reason for leaving is related to your health.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, such as information about your use of Latitude AI computers, phones, tablets, and networks, including your use of the internet and your email communications using company-owned computers or systems.
- Audio/Visual Information, such as photographs of you for identity verification, and we may record you on building security cameras, company-issue equipment and systems and your use of them may be electronically recorded or otherwise monitored. In addition, your calls may be monitored or recorded if you are interacting with a customer or member of the public in a customer service capacity.
- Vehicle Data, if you operate a company-owned vehicle, please review the Company Vehicle Privacy section below.
- Inferences drawn to create a profile, such as an assessment of your interests, strengths, capabilities, potential, preferences and/or other characteristics. Participation in such assessments is voluntary, and the outcomes of the assessments will be used only to assist you in your career development.
We may collect the Personal Information identified above from the following sources:
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Directly from you. We collect information from you when you visit or create a profile on our careers page, during the recruitment process and throughout your interactions with us as an employee, including through our information technology systems, company forms and processes (such as onboarding), and surveys.
- Automatically when using our digital services or visiting our premises. We collect information about you when you use our information technology services, drive our company-owned vehicles and when you access our facilities (such as video surveillance information).
- Created by us. We collect information about you that we create, such as interview notes, credentials for access to our recruitment and work systems or inferences generated from other information we collect.
- Recruitment Agencies. We collect information from recruitment agencies who provide your application materials and information about your candidacy.
- References and Verifications. We collect information from third parties who provide references (such as former employers) and to verify your qualifications (such as universities or other organizations where you may have earned a degree or completed a certification).
- Public Sources. We collect Personal Information through internet searches, your public social media presence (such as LinkedIn), or publicly available business sites (such as your current employer), and other online sources.
- Service Providers. We collect information about you from certain service providers that provide information to help us perform recruitment functions and run our business (such as background check providers).
- Affiliates. We receive information from the companies within the Latitude AI and Ford Motor Company family of companies and affiliates. Our “family of companies” is the group of companies related to us by common control or ownership. We share information within this “family” as a normal part of conducting business and carrying out recruitment activities.
We collect, use, and share your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Decisions related to your employment, including considering and assesssing your eligibility and qualifications for employment opportunities or promotions within the company; reaching out to you for future job opportunities with us; reviewing your performance; evaluating your development as an employee; setting your job duties and assessing our staffing needs; determining salary and compensation; preparing for disciplinary procedures, including termination; dealing with legal disputes involving you or other employees; supporting our diversity, equity and inclusion programs and initiatives efforts; and ascertaining your fitness for work.
- New Hire Onboarding. If you are extended an offer of employment, we will use your Personal Information to perform background checks (with additional disclosures), process your employment documentation, establish your credentials, and otherwise establish our employment relationship with you.
- Accomodations, including accommodating your disability or health condition.
- Employee development and analysis, including conducting analytics performed to review and better understand employee retention and attrition rates; and ascertaining and fulfilling education, training, and development requirements.
- Administering payments and benefits, including administering health benefits, making tax and other required deductions, and making decisions about salary and compensation.
- Work Authorization, including to confirm your right to work in the United States, whether you are named on any restricted party listings, including sanction lists, and to fulfill other screening requirements based on teh role applied for and location of the position.
- Security measures and complying with health and safety obligations, including ensuring the physical safety of our facilities, resources, employees, contractors, and other people from threats; preventing, investigating, identifying or taking any other action with regard to suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity, or any activity that violates or may violate applicable laws, regulations, or legal processes or our policies; to secure our systems, data, resources, and facilities from unauthorized access or exploitation; monitoring compliance with our IT policies; ensuring network and information security, including preventing unauthorized access to our computer and electronic communications systems, and preventing malicious software distribution; and investigating theft and other illegal activities.
- Corporate Restructuring, including to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- Compliance with legal obligations, including verifying that you are legally permitted to work in the United States, and to comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal process as well as industry standards and our company policies.
If you operate a company-owned vehicle, please review the Company Vehicle Privacy section below.
We may combine categories fo Personal Information. We may ue de-identified information for any purpose in accordance with applicable law.WHO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
Our policy is that only those who have a legitimate need to access your personal information will be able to do so. Personal information may be provided to third parties if this is consistent with our grounds for processing and doing so is lawful.
We share personal information with your consent, when you direct us to share it with others, as necessary to fulfill our obligations to you as your employer or when required by law or court order. We also share personal information with:
COMPANY VEHICLE PRIVACY
- Affiliates. We share Personal Information within the Latitude AI and Ford Motor Company family of companies and affiliates. Our “family of companies” is the group of companies related to us by common control or ownership. We share information within this “family” as a normal part of conducting business and carrying out recruitment activities.
- Service Providers. We share Personal Information with companies we use to support our business, such as helping us perform recruitment functions or meet our payroll obligations, and who are bound by law and contractual obligations to keep your Personal Information confidential. Service providers may use Personal Information we share with them only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. The categories of service providers that we share Personal Information with and the services they provide are:
- Payroll services providers that assist us in calculating and disbursing your wages and other compensation.
- Health insurance benefits providers that assist us in making available and administering health insurance benefits.
- Auditing and accoutning firms, such as firms that assist us in the creation of our financial records.
- Professional services consultants, such as firms that assist us with improving our business, provide legal services, or supply project-based resources and assistance.
- Temporary staffing agencies and recruiting companies that provide contingent workers for assignment at Latitude AI and help us recruit candidates.
- Security vendors, such as entities that assist with security incident verification and response, service notifications, and fraud prevention.
- IT vendors, such as entities that assist with website design, hosting and maintenance; data and software storage; and network operation.
- Government agencies, to comply with mandatory reporting.
- Law enforcement agencies, courts, regulatory agencies, and other government agencies. We may share your Personal Information to comply with reporting obligations (such as anti‐discrimination laws), legal processes (such as court order, subpoena) or other legal requirements of any governmental authority, in connection with threatened or actual litigation, to protect our legal rights or property, to protect the legal rights or property or physical security of others, or for the prevention or detection of crime and such disclosure is lawful.
- Parties to corporate transactions. As permitted by law, we may share your Personal Information as part of a corporate transaction or proceeding such as a merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or at transfer, divestiture, or sale of all or a portion of a business or assets.
For individuals who operate company-owned vehicles, we collect additional personal information as described below:
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
|Category of Personal Information
|Location information, including its current location (latitude and longitude), travel direction speed, and charging locations used
|Information about how the vehicle is operated and used (such as speed, use of accelerator, brakes, steering, seats, etc.) and the location and environment it is driven in (such as the temperature outside the vehicle and road conditions)
|Information about the vehicle, its components, and its parts (such as VIN, hardware model, parts numbers, version numbers, technical specifications, etc.), information about the status and performance of the vehicle, its components, and its parts (such as odometer, tire pressure, fuel and fluid levels, batter level, lock status, etc.), and diagnostic information about how the vehicle and its systems are performing (such as trouble codes, warning indicators, and alerts)
|Vehicle Service History
|Vehicle service-related information, such as visit details, service details, service or repair history, etc.
|Information about usage and performance of vehicle features, services, and technology (such as which features are used)
|Information about what is listened to in the vehicle (such as radio presets, volume, channels, media sources, title, artist, and genre)
We will keep your Personal Information for as long as is needed to carry out the purposes we've described, or as otherwise required by law. The criteria used to determine the applicable retention period for your Personal Information includes the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you as an employee or contractor and whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject that requires us to retain your Personal Information. Generally, this means we will keep your Personal Information until the end of your employment with us, plus a reasonable period of time after that where necessary to respond to any employment enquiries, deal with legal, tax, accounting or administrative matters, or to provide you with ongoing pensions or other benefits.
We also may retain your Personal Information to notify you about future job opportunities.
Where we have no continuing purpose to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or de-identify it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.SECURITY
Safeguarding personal information is important to us. While no systems, applications, or websites are 100% secure, we take reasonable and appropriate steps to help protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. To help us protect personal information, we request that you use a strong password and never disclose your password to anyone or use the same password with other sites or accounts.COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
We will update this Notice when necessary to reflect changes in applicable law or how we use Personal Information. When we post changes to this Notice, we will change the “Effective Date” at the top of this Notice. If we make material changes to this Notice, we will provide notice or obtain consent regarding such changes as may be required by law.CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Notice, please contact us at email@example.com.CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California residents ahve the right to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use and sharing of Personal Information, as well as rights to access, delete, correct, and control Personal Information under the California Privacy Rights Act, as amended (the “CPRA”).Notice at CollectionYour California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you also have the right to submit certain requests relating to your Personal Information as described below.
- Right to Access Personal Information. You have the right to request access to specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you. To protect our employees' Personal Information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
- Right to Request Deletion of Peronsal Information. You have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information that we, our services providers and contractors, or third parties on our behalf have collected directly from you. To protect our employees' Personal Information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request and maintain a record of your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
- Right to Correct Personal Information. You have the right to request in certain circumstances that we correct any inaccurate Personal Information that we have collected directly from you.
- Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights. If you choose to exercise any of your privacy rights under the CCPA, you also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us, including retaliation against you.
We do not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information of individuals who are applicants, employees, beneficiaries, contractors, contingent workers, retirees, or former employees for purposes to which the right to limit use and disclosure applies under the CPRA.
We do not sell or share for cross-context behavioral advertising the Personal Information of individuals who are applicants, employees, beneficiaries, contractors, contingent workers, retirees, or former employees.How to Submit a Request
You may submit a request to exercise your rights as follows:
We will verify your identity based on the information we have on file. In the event that you are requesting access to sensitive categories of Personal Information, we will require additional information to verify your identify (including providing us a copy of a government-issued ID). We will only use the information collected during the verification process to verify your identity and will not retain the information longer than required for this purpose.Authorized Agent
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent's permission to do so and we will need to verify your identity directly. If you designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, please ensure the authorized agent identifies as an authorized agent. We may require written proof of the agent's permission to make a request on your behalf, and we may need to verify your identity directly.